Pages

Miss me? Come find my almost daily posts on Instagram at Amyncognito!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Compassionate Colors Project

I've revamped my Etsy shop to reflect my commitment to donating my jewelry this year, and I'm so excited about it.  

Introducing, The Compassionate Colors Project!



I've divided my jewelry into sections based on color. Each color has a charity associated with it that will get 20% of the sales price. 

20% of the sale price of items in the RED section will be donated to a charity focused on fighting heart disease in women - WomenHeart 

20% of the sale price of items in the ORANGE section will be donated to a charity focused on fighting hunger - Feeding America 

20% of the sale price of items in the YELLOW section will be donated to a charity focused on helping those with mental illness - NAMI 

20% of the sale price of items in the GREEN section will be donated to a charity focused on the environment - Sierra Club

20% of the sale price of items in the BLUE section will be donated to a children's cancer charity - Alex's Lemonade Stand

20% of the sale price of items in the PURPLE section will be donated to a charity focused on helping those with Alzheimer's disease - Cure Alzheimer's Fund 

20% of the sale price of items in the RAINBOW section will be donated to a charity focused on preventing suicide in LGBTQ youth - The Trevor Project

20% of the sale price of items in the PINK section will be donated to a charity focused on fighting breast cancer - Susan G. Komen for the Cure 

20% of the sale price of items in the BLACK / BROWN section will be donated to a charity focused on building homes for people in need in Southern California - Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles

20% of the sale price of items in the WHITE / GRAY section will be donated to a charity focused on helping animals - Humane Society of the U.S.




In addition, I'm so excited about this new venture, I want to share it with all of you! 

I've long thought jewelry designers and bead artists needed a place to hang out and share information on donation pieces they are working on, charities looking for jewelry/bead donations, and how they are giving back with their jewelry/bead art. 

So, I've created The Compassionate Colors Project Facebook page. 


I'd love for you to join and share how you are mixing compassion and color! 

Edited to add:  I've also started a group on Facebook as well. So come one, come all. 


11 comments:

  1. What a awesome idea! So gracious and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have just looked at your etsy shop, you have some lovely things listed - I especially like Elaine Ray's ceramic beads and the wood elements.

    I think your "compassionate colours" idea is really great: attaching meaning to the colours will definitely help raise awareness of your chosen charities. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome and inspiring idea! great charity choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The variety of charities...awesome :o)

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what an amazing thing you're doing and for brilliant causes - well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I'm happy to see Sierra Club is on your list. I served on our local group's board for 10 years and now they're helping us to fight a proposed silica sand mine in our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great initiative! Best of luck with your sales and Facebook endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing ideas you have! So very generous and thoughtful...off to check out your facebook group.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...