Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday - Not!

I hab a cod. No, nod de fish - a COWD.

Har har.

I have a horrible head cold. And since I am the world's biggest Baby McWhiny Pants when it comes to colds (hunger, tiredness, sore feet, being too hot and pretty much any physical discomfort) I've gotten nothing done lately except lay on the couch, dramatically using tissues, whining about television, and snapping at my husband.

Nothin' creative going on in my head - it's too stuffed up (woe woe woe is me *sniff* feel my forehead - do you think I have a fever? Oh, the agony!)

I have gotten some stellar mail this week, which I will fill you in on later.

Hopeful I will recover soon (so I can stop snapping "but those aren't the LOTION tissues I wanted! These are PLAIN tissues and are SCRATCHY! My NOSE hurts!! Wahhhh) Especially since my husband and I don't see eye to eye on physical ailments.

His idea? If you're miserable, go get medicine from the doctor. Otherwise, take lots of Vitamin C, medicine, water and rest. My plan? Whine. Complain. Whine some more, but refuse to do anything to actually feel better. Refute every suggestion he makes for ways to feel better with excuses and whining (Neti pot? noooo, it feels funny. Medicine? nooooo, it tastes icky. Tea? Noooo, it's too hot and I don't waaaaant it.)

Seriously, do I sound like a toddler or what?

I have to go take Nyquil now, and then lay in bed heaving dramatic sighs and saying "I'm SORRY I'm tossing and turning, but I'm SICK." *Sigh* *toss* *turn*

11 comments:

  1. For a minute I thought I needed google translate; sorry about your head cold, what a bummer especially in weather like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing!! I hope you feel better soon Amy!! I know it stinks to feel sick. And the one thing I always want is sympathy and I never ever get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post really made me laugh, but I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better!

    I have that same summer cold right now and no one in my house cares, they just want to know what is for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better Any! I even use those tissues when not sick... so I totally get it because anything else feels like sand paper!

    Hey just started following your blog, looking forward to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon! Somehow it always seems to be worse to be sick in the summer when everyone is out having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Hope this finds you feeling better. Usually it's the other way around with the guy whining. I guess having 2 whiners in the family wouldn't work too well - so the blessing is that you get to be it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, honey. A cold. I wish I could trade places with you. No, I like you too much. I'm missing my old hip and want it back right this minute thank you very much oh and that's magically replaced none of the surgery stuff. Ok, I feel better. Like hell. At least I got caught up with you! Hope you feel better. Hope we both do! HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sweetness I missed this one! I would have sent honey and hugs if I had known!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...